Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Android Manifest Merger Failed, Gms Play Services / Firebase

I am trying to add firebase to my app using the firebaseUI. As the documentations says, I have used the corresponding gms:play-services (11.0.4) with the firebaseUI version (2.2.0)

Solution 1:

I solved the problem by adding:

    configurations.all {
    resolutionStrategy.eachDependency { DependencyResolveDetails details ->
        def requested = details.requested
        if (requested.group == 'com.android.support') {
            if (!requested.name.startsWith("multidex")) {
                details.useVersion '26.0.0'
            }
        }
    }
}

from here.

The tooltip recommended adding tools:replace="android:value"' to meta-data but this throws another error, so im going with the solution above

Solution 2:

I solved it by adding this in AndroidManifest.xml within the <application> tag at the very bottom:

<meta-data 
  tools:node="replace"
  android:name="android.support.VERSION"
  android:value="26.1.0"// <- The max version you see in the error message. For me it was 26.1.0
/>

Then add these two attributes to the <manifest ... > tag:

xmlns:tools="http://schemas.android.com/tools"tools:node="replace"

Solution 3:

It's happening because two versions of support libraries are clashing. On top, you have declared

buildToolsVersion "26.0.1"

and in dependencies, the version is 26.0.0

compile'com.android.support:design:26.0.0'

Just change the support library version to 26.0.1 and it will work fine. I did the same, worked flawlessly in my case.

Solution 4:

add this line at the end of app level gradle file

apply plugin: 'com.google.gms.google-services'

Solution 5:

I was able to solve by hoovering over compile 'com.android.support:appcompat-v7:26.0.0' and adding the libraries manually that it said was wrong such as

compile'com.android.support:cardview-v7:26.0.0'compile'com.android.support:animated-vector-drawable:26.0.0'compile'com.android.support:customtabs:26.0.0'

Post a Comment for "Android Manifest Merger Failed, Gms Play Services / Firebase"